Sunday, June 24, 2012
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Week 1: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
15min run/walk Off 20 min run/walk Off 30min run/walk Off 40min walk
Week 2: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
20 min run/walk Off 25 min run/walk Off 30min run/walk Off x-train(bike,yoga)
Week 3: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
20 min run/walk Off 25 min run/walk Off 35min run/walk Off 30min run/walk
Week 4: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
30min run/walk Off 20min run/jog Off 40min run/walk Off x- train
Week 5: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
25min run/jog Cross train 40min run/walk Off 30min run/jog Off 50min Moderate Walk
Week 6: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Have you had an achy feeling in your knees? Do you find it difficult to walk long distances, go down stairs, or sit for long periods of time without having pain in your knees? You may be suffering from Patella Femoral Syndrome. This is an umbrella term, that describes a dysfunction between the patella, cartilage, tibia, femur, ligaments, and muscles around the knee. Since there is so much involve, it is hard to pinpoint what is really wrong. Here are my 5 top tips to "protect your knees":
1. Stretch- flexibility is a key role in improving general range of motion of the knee and other body parts.
2. Improve your balance- wobbly ankles can cause poor mechanics of the knee.
3. Decrease compression- doing activites that cause you to do alot of jumping (volleyball), or hitting a hard surface (running on concrete vs. treadmill),
may cause wear and tear on on the cartilage in your knees.
4. Wear proper shoes- even though 9" heels look nice, they are touture on your knees. They may put the joint in hyperextension and causes excessive
wear and tear of the knee joint.
5. Exercise- doing bodyweight exercises improve your strength, and biomechanics of your joints. If you are in pain, get clearance from your physician
before engaging in any execises.